Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that a company's financial statements are in good order and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Conduct moderate to complex financial audits, SOX controls testing, and other projects. Apply appropriate sampling techniques and use computer-assisted audit tools and techniques.
- Develop risk-and-control matrices, prioritize efforts by the identification of key controls, and develop appropriate strategies to test the design and operational effectiveness of SOX controls.
- Schedule and lead audit kick-off, mid-point status, and closing meetings.
- Ensure that workpapers are complete and supporting documentation is cross-referenced to the record of work done. Ensure that workpapers adequately support audit observations, conclusions, and recommendations and consistently meet the requirements of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIS) International Professional Practices Framework (the Standards).
- Prepare clear, concise, and accurate audit reports that require minimal editing for finalization. May assist in the review of draft reports prepared by other auditors.
- Perform follow-up audits or remediation control testing to determine that management has implemented all recommendations timely.
- Seek, identify, and recommend cost-saving opportunities in the course of performing audits and SOX controls testing.
- Continuously complete training in auditing, financial accounting and reporting, and other subject-matter areas to improve the ability to perform good quality audits and meet certification requirements and the departmental key performance indicator training requirement.
- Contribute toward team results, work well with others, and encourage other team members.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as requested, including on Company project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of financial auditing or accounting experience or
- Master's Degree and at least 3 years of financial auditing or accounting experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal, and applies them in practice. Required
- Consistently proactive and demonstrates actions towards achieving the team objectives. Required
- Recognizes and understands the impact of diverse work styles and behaviors. Required
- Ability to deal with conflicts in a reasoned, persuasive manner. Recognizes the need for escalation to management for issue resolution and support. Required
- Presents information and successfully conveys a point of view in a professional manner. Required
- Demonstrates commitment to accepting new challenges and takes an active role in developing personally and professionally. Demonstrates excellent listening skills and is open minded to ideas. Required
- Public Accounting Firm experience. Preferred
- Experience and familiarity with company policies, procedures, systems or business processes or relevant audit experience. Evaluates operations, controls, or systems for effectiveness: develops or follows audit procedures. May train others in audit related functions. Preferred
- Encourages self-appraisal via formal and informal means and participates in continuing professional development. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred or
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Preferred or
- Other: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Preferred
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.