Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Construction Specialist for Construction Quality Control group within Construction Quality Assurance executes quality control activities for the Construction organization by evaluating field performance, focusing on damage prevention, promoting safe work practices, procedural adherence, and reducing Notice of Violations (NOVs).
- Perform field observations and document results in various operating areas.
- Lead contractor safety engagement meetings.
- Collaborate with customers to ensure findings are addressed as needed.
- Lead root cause analysis due to company facility damages or other incidents as needed.
- Participate in departmental Business & Safety meetings to present field observation results.
- Participate in contractor safety engagement meetings to promote damage prevention, safe work practices, review field
- work performance, and any applicable policy or regulatory changes.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to operational excellence, attention to detail and the importance of personal
- Participate in departmental safety and damage prevention discussions.
- Support Construction's Storm Damage Assessment response as needed.
- Sustain a workplace environment that fosters trust, inclusion, leadership, professionalism, and integrity.
- Manage and complete assignments within required time-frame and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Work independently to plan daily activities to align with department goals and identified risk areas.
- Assist manager in developing and planning quality control strategies.
- Perform Quality Control Assessments of company processes to ensure that existing operational controls are robust and
- Create and revise Quality Control Checklists as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 10 years of related work experience or
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience or
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be comfortable with using Mobile applications for Company purposes. Required
- Must have experience communicating information clearly and accurately in
- writing, verbally, and through preparation of reports and/or presentations. Required
- Must have experience communicating information clearly and accurately in writing, verbally, and through preparation of reports and/or presentations Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, such as SharePoint. Required
- Must have access to a vehicle to travel between various work locations. Required
- Experience with oversight of contractors, general excavation work
- specifications and procedures. Preferred
- Knowledge of Gas, Electric, Steam, EH&S and Financial/Claims/Fraud Risk Assessments Preferred
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and
- Demonstrated analytical skills and
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. and
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and
- Effective negotiation skills and
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback and
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion and
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines and
- Project Demonstrated project management skills and
- Experience in a regulated environment and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. and
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be willing and able to push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift.
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must be willing and able to wear proper PPE.
- Must be willing and able to use personal vehicle and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle (reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure).
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.