Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position is a vital role in the Information Technology, Office of the CIO, IT Financial Management Office. The employee will assist the planning team in providing administrative support, financial performance/analysis, annual budget preparation, forecasting, and rate case preparation.
- Manage procurement activities, process purchase requisitions, and reconcile purchase order transactions for month end reporting. The individual will prepare monthly transactions by supplier/contractor, provide analysis based on project/contractor spend, and produce detailed reporting metrics.
- Analyze and review processes to ensure they are performed in accordance with approved General Accounting Procedures (GAP) and Corporate Instructions.
- Work with Supply Chain, user organizations, IT systems managers, technical staff and vendors as necessary to requisition new Blanket Purchase Agreements, purchase orders, extensions, and closures
- Have knowledge of BI reporting and analysis.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closing, accruals and requisition/receipts processing as necessary.
- Identify GL processing improvements to facilitate reporting and increase transparency.
- Create organized analytical presentations
- Provide guidance as necessary to co-workers and colleagues regarding order and transaction requests.
- Develop business understanding from the operational leads/ contract owners
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, and/or Accounting and 2 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, HR, Engineering or related field or
- Associate's Degree Business Administration, Finance, and/or Accounting and 4 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, HR, Engineering or related field or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, HR, Engineering or related field
Relevant Work Experience
- A minimum of two years of work experience - detail-oriented and strong organizational skills will allow flexibility to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines, which is also required for this position Required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel Required
- Must be able to interact with senior leadership, internal/external stakeholders/suppliers Required
- Knowledge of Oracle suite of systems (EBS, Business Intelligence, etc.), work management systems, and Supply Chain processes Required
- Ability to display financial planning and forecasting Preferred
- Proactive problem solver; expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously Preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate the results and implications of the analytic efforts Preferred
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis Preferred
- Must have the ability to make critical decisions and demonstrate sound judgment in diverse project assignments Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Sit or stand to answer a phone for the duration of the workday
- Sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for the duration of the workday
- Ability to read small print and symbols
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work off hour shifts, and willing to travel to service territories within service area
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.