Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Serve as regional and community liaison with local elected officials, community boards, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations and other community and stakeholder groups.
- Serve as project manager for new initiatives, infrastructure-related activities, and coordination with government agencies and external stakeholders; make presentations on issues ranging from major infrastructure projects to new energy efficiency and solar programs.
- Manage a funding portfolio of Queens-based nonprofit partnerships and sponsorships including but not limited to site visits, reviewing, and recommending funding proposals, writing news releases, and identify media and public relations opportunities.
- Represent the Company at local community meetings and events and at meetings with elected officials and coordinates briefing materials and presentations for the local community.
- Serve on project teams for major infrastructure projects and develops and implements strategies for community communications with key stakeholders and local communities.
- Facilitate relations with government agencies particularly on complex and multi-faceted construction projects.
- Work closely with developers, government officials and not-for-profit organizations on major new capital projects in their region.
- Monitor and report on regional and local development issues that may impact the Company.
- Serves as front-line emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assists in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Create presentations for senior-level Corporate Affairs management and externally.
- Manage and supervise weekly employee that contributes to Corporate Affairs administrative activities.
- Coordinate and exchange information with other departments in Corporate Affairs and across the company.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Coordinates special events and supports the Company's volunteer initiative.
- Performs various administrative duties within the department.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to eight (3-8) years of relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in or with government, not for profit management, urban planning, sustainability, community relations, communications or a related field. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with various levels of local government, management, community groups and elected officials. Required
- Must have strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills. Required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Required
- Must be efficient, organized and excellent at follow-through. Required
- Demonstrated project management skills. Required
- Strong project management skills are preferred. Preferred
- General knowledge of company operations, energy and environmental policy issues, energy efficiency, and renewables. Preferred
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations in front of public audience. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.