Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Participates in the implementation of Clean Energy initiatives through the assessment of NYPSC/NJBPU policy issues to determine their impact on the Company.
- Provides direct oversight and leadership for implementation of the projects.
- Responsible for attending and preparing documentation for periodic meetings with NYPSC/NJBU Staff, customers, and town and local officials to provide information pertaining to Clean Energy program implementation.
- Supports UOF team in the development of distribution-level market design for DER procurement for the Utility's new role of Distribution System Platform Provider (DSP), entails defining market structure, roles of market participants, products and services, procurement options, and market rules.
- Analyzes market model alternatives to facilitate informed decision making and formulates the Company's strategic policy direction; includes preparation and presentation of findings to senior management.
- Participates on various cross-functional teams which influence and identify new business solutions for the utility including; Electrical Engineering, Technical Engineering, Energy Efficiency, Customer Assistance/Accounting, AMI and other interfacing departments to adhere to all requirements and time schedules for the completion of clean energy program related work.
- Prepares presentations to support communications with various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, Market Design and other NYPSC/NJBPU clean energy related working groups, and policy makers.
- Evaluates regulatory commission statements, recommendations and rulings. Particularly as they relate to Net Metering, Community Distributed Generation, AMI, Demand Response, electric vehicles, and the NY and NJ Clean Energy proceedings and coordinates with various internal organizations on necessary action.
- Participates in the preparation of regulatory submissions, reports and interrogatory responses in Clean Energy regulatory proceedings and rate cases.
- Represents the Company at NYPSC/NJBPU conferences and working group meetings related to Utility of the Future/Clean Energy.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent discipline is preferred. and 2 years relevant work experience or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years related work experience. or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent discipline is preferred. and 2 years
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to do both independent, rigorous research and also contribute to a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment is essential. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must have a working knowledge of utility operations and policies. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Required
- Prior experience in managing projects is preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with utility system design and construction is preferred. Preferred
- Demonstrated analytical data management skills. Preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate proceedings, responding to commission orders interrogatory requests is preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of the business operations in the areas of engineering and design, construction, purchasing and cost control is preferred. Preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand and deal with technical issues as well as assess customer and Company economics associated with UOF. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory and to other CECONY/O&R locations, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to occasionally travel to regulatory and industry meetings as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.