Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Process daily invoice payments for all operating units.
- Prepare the daily payment registers and process ad-hoc payment requests.
- Perform and review reconciliations of various sub-ledger accounts.
- Coordinate any auditing inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Review existing processes; proactively explore the opportunity for improvements, and communicate a plan.
- Review and update General Accounting Procedures and Corporate Instructions as needed.
- Analyze and review processes to ensure they are performed in accordance with approved General Accounting Procedures (GAP) and Coporate Instructions.
- Provide ongoing iProcurement Training to assist the other departments within the company.
- Provide Oracle vendor iSupplier support to assist in invoicing to ensure timely payments.
- Assist the supervisors in training employees to develop the skills required to complete work assignments.
- Identify system issues and work with the support team to test fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations. Ensure all PII related information are fully secured, safely locked and filed away.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field and 3 years experience Experience in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
Relevant Work Experience
- Less than 2 years Proficient in Oracle EBS Required
- 3-5 years In Accounting, Finance or related field. Required
- 3-5 years Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. Preferred and
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.