Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Demand Side Management Project Manager is the technical subject matter expert for the Company's energy efficiency, demand response and demand management functions to help ensure system reliability and goals achievement.
- Provide advanced engineering support to our Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Department, focusing on the development and implementation of advanced energy efficiency programs.
- Oversee various complex energy-saving projects and prepare analysis and financial reports.
- Support the business development team in identifying energy efficiency projects for large customers.
- Provide technical guidance to help facilitate and optimize large customers energy efficiency projects.
- Develop new offerings to large customers by working with internal and external teams. Ensure these initiatives align with customer needs and our overall corporate goals.
- Lead efforts to transform the market through innovative approaches to increase energy efficiency and adapt to evolving regulatory environments. Provide thought leadership and direction to teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and regulatory bodies. Advocate for and promote energy efficiency within these groups.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Work effectively within a diversified team setting, bringing together various perspectives and expertise to foster a collaborative environment.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through the development and execution of effective, compliant energy conservation solutions.
- Actively support the professional development of the team
- Demonstrated ability to align internal and external stakeholders towards improving energy efficiency programs by navigating complex regulatory environments and adapting strategies.
- Steer participating contractors, market partners and other influencers and regularly inform these stakeholders about new and relevant information.
- Keep abreast of industry and technologies trends. Maintain a thorough understanding of local energy codes and regulations, ensuring that all programs and initiatives are compliant and up-to-date with the latest standards.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related fields and 8 years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and 6 years of relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing staff, projects, processes, contracts and vendors Required
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and oral presentations Strong interpersonal skills Required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Required
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Required
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and demand management technologies Required
- Demonstrated familiarity with primary energy consuming building systems, with particular emphasis on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC+R) Required
- Ability to evaluate and perform engineering calculations related to HVAC systems Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make effective decisions in real-time, even under high pressure situations Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Extensive experience (minimum of 8-10 years) in the energy efficiency field, especially in building mechanical HVAC systems Preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with Local Energy Codes Preferred
- Understanding of building science and building envelope design Preferred
- Experience performing inspections of installed energy efficient technology Preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce Preferred
- Familiar with New York State's market transformation initiatives Preferred
- Experience with project management tools Preferred
- Certification in CEM, LEED or intend to pursue Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the Company service territory, as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.