Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. The Senior Analyst will need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Leverage technology to identify trends, analyze and interpret data for efficiency improvements in station performance with a goal of moving from time-based monitoring toward condition-based monitoring, and improving efficiency in Steam Services and Station Performance reporting.
- Review, analyze and upgrade Asset Management and Work Management platforms as available to improve performance and productivity.
- Design, configure and maintain various levels of Dashboards with data from queries in Maximo enterprise asset management platform.
- Design, configure, test, implement, enhance, and support SharePoint sites to meet internal needs (process flow, content structure, information architecture, permissions).
- Develop and maintain Steam Services SharePoint sites for information exchange and reporting.
- Manage Steam Operations IT projects from initiation through project completion. This includes creating project scoping documents, appropriation and requisitions for the acquisition of new technology, management of the software vendors, implementing system changes, updating current working estimates for each project and addressing all technical questions through full project implementation.
- Program manager for IT initiatives and IT programs. This includes meeting with Engineering, Station personnel and Technical Managers regularly, to identify ways to reach optimal performance at the lowest cost to customers, come up with new cost savings ideas, implement enhancements and apply them consistently throughout Steam Operations.
- Monitor monthly station performance trends and leverage technology to make recommendations to Station Operations, Maintenance and System Engineering Groups for more efficient operation.
- Coordinate with Steam Generation and Distribution to identify areas of improvement via leveraging available technology. Work with station/distribution personnel to streamline and automate processes to improve productivity.
- Manage and analyze large data streams from steam distribution and generation through the use of technology. Utilize computer programs and modeling techniques to monitor data exceptions, and diagnose problems that affect the cost of steam and equipment reliability. Work with steam generation and distribution to assist in the development of streamlined reporting programs for more efficient data stream utilization.
- Liaison between IT Planning cyber security team, station technical managers and central engineering to ensure all Steam Operations cyber assets are protected and any updates, patches, or scans are performed throughout the organization in a consistent and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive IT asset management database and review with engineering to identify necessary updates and future IT infrastructure related projects.
- Lead the IT peer team with the goal of identifying areas of improvement, developing IT initiatives for Steam system enhancement and streamlining databases.
- Insure compliance and update of all Cyber Security related procedures. Including NERC CIP-003 requirements.
- Will provide technical assistance for the safe, reliable environmentally compliant, efficient and economical generation of electricity and/or steam by tracking and analyzing generating station and system heat rate and evaluating equipment performance.
- Must work with Operational and Technical groups at the Generating Stations to improve IT systems used by stations performance technicians.
- Must work with IT and Generating Stations to upgrade and automate the existing performance tracking system.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, IT, or related technical discipline and 4 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity
- Associate's Degree IT or related technical discipline and 6 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity
- High School Diploma/GED and 8 years of relevant experience IT, Cybersecurity
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in or knowledge of steam/Power utility Engineering, which include boiler, combustion turbines, steam turbines, acceptance testing, plant inspection and the balance of plant auxiliaries. Required
- Experience in Maximo Asset/Work Management, Oracle EBS Supply Chain platforms, and Aveva Pi. Required
- SharePoint proficiency, including experience in Nintex Workflows, Infopath Forms, and Office 365 Power Suite. Required
- Must be highly dedicated with strong communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and lead a team. Required
- Candidate must be flexible to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Knowledge of cyber security industry standards. Required
- Knowledge of corporate IT system architecture Required
- Knowledge of Windows Server suite and Window OS troubleshooting Required
- Experience in software design and/or implementation. Preferred
- Project management experience. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for the duration of the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.