Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Ensures implementation of the company Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adheres the Company's Standard of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Discipline, and security.
- Closely monitors and ensure timely scheduling of all compliance related maintenance work involving our substation facilities and equipment. Prepares station and Job specific Engage Work Plans in accordance with Engineering procedures, Maximo maintenance requirements, appropriate Resource allocations as well as within associated O&M budgetary requirements.
- Administers and communicates appropriate procedures and engineering plans and specifications to Supervisors to insure the proper operation, preventative maintenance, repair and restoration of Substation Transformers, Breakers and Auxiliary Equipment. Prepares emergency equipment restoration and repair plans.
- Able to hold the appropriate Delegation of Authority for their respective Area Manager as well as coach and mentor supervisors as required.
- Establishes productivity standards & monitors performance on the basis of these standards & advises on the compliance with standards.
- Monitors administrative requirements to ensure the timely handling of workloads, minimization of backlogs, utilization of Engage as well as employee time card approvals. Works closely with stations supervisors to follow up on backlogs, prioritize them as well as maintain a relentless pursuit towards 100% compliance.
- Coordinates with area management the availability and timely delivery of materials, supplies, spare parts and equipment.
- Monitors and approves within prescribed limits, expenditures for labor, material, supplies and equipment.
- Manage and schedules all outside vendor support and internal department support of Substation maintenance & operating activities.
- Supports the investigation of any applicable Operating errors, safety infractions (RWLB, OSHA injuries and/or motor Vehicle Collisions) as well as encouraging the capturing of any Close Calls or HPI improvements.
- Partners with EH&S organization to manage and support applicable environmental compliance information in conjunction with Station supervisors as it relates to EH&S related Maximo compliance items, walk-through of substations in advance of Audits as well as follow-up to audits.
- Manages the department equipment/facility Summerization/Winterization Programs.
- Directs the preparation of special Operating and Maintenance schedules to support various special programs: Annual Compliance Program
- i. Holiday & Weekend Coverage Heat Storms and Contingencies
- ii. Major winter and/or coastal storms and hurricanes
- Performs periodic Substation Inspections and recommend projects to address non-compliance conditions.
- Must ensure that the Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Achieving Operational Excellence and Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing customers experience.
- Coordinate with engineering & support organizations to address the preparation of equipment/ system corrective action plan.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED 7 Years Relevant Experience 7 years' experience Technical experience and working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of rotating and electrical equipment inclusive of Distribution, Transmission and Auxiliary equipment in Substation Operations and/or in an industrial environment. or
- Associate's Degree 5 Years Relevant Experience. Technical experience and working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of rotating and electrical equipment inclusive of Distribution, Transmission and Auxiliary equipment in Substation Operations and/or in an industrial environment. or
- Bachelor's Degree 3 Years Relevant Experience Technical experience and working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of rotating and electrical equipment inclusive of Distribution, Transmission and Auxiliary equipment in Substation Operations and/or in an industrial environment.
Relevant Work Experience
- 5-7 years Technical experience and working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of rotating and electrical equipment inclusive of Distribution, Transmission and Auxiliary equipment in Substation Operations and/or in an industrial environment. Well versed in Human Performance Improvement tools. Required
- 5-7 years Detailed proficiency and knowledge of Con Edison Substation Equipment and the Dielectric Fluid System. and it's substation located components. A thorough working knowledge of SSO's GEI's and Substation Operating Procedures as well as the Maximo/Engage Work Management System. Familiar with Substation Operations Physical and Cyber Security requirements and procedures. Experience delivering Job Briefing and performing JSSE's. Preferred
- 3-5 years Supervisory experience Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.