Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence with the Companys Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), discipline, and security.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) error avoidance tools are incorporated into daily work activities, cascaded and made part of the fabric of doing work in order to achieve error free operation.
- Be committed to fostering a Zero Harm culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing Customers Experience.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of System Operation NERC Compliance Program
- Ensures that all applicable NERC obligations are met through the continuing development, recommendation, revision and/or implementation of operational strategies and required policies and procedures.
- Maintain a complete understanding of applicable NERC requirements and measures. Serve as the department SME for these requirements. Monitor System Operations compliance with currently applicable NERC standards and work to insure compliance under all applicable registrations (e.g. CIP and TOP).
- Monitor and report on status of compliance and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with NERC standards.
- Work to insure the development and maintenance of required RSAWs needed to maintain compliance under applicable registrations (e.g. CIP,TOP)
- Work to maintain the CFR Agreement and Matrix by participating in the Transmission Operator Working Group meetings with the NYISO.
- Develop and maintain automated processes and controls for compliance.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Compliance Management System (CMS), the Information Dashboard, and STO Calendar as applicable to the System Operations dept.
- Review and comment on revised NERC standards. Ensure continued compliance with such revised standards.
- Interface with designated organizations and departments at O&R and CECONY, and with vendors and contractors, to achieve sustainable compliance with all applicable NERC standards.
- Coordinate with the CECONY Compliance staff to prepare required submittals to regulatory agencies
- Align System Operations NERC Compliance Program with the corporate Compliance Management process and the RSA Archer Compliance Tracking System (CTS).
- Represent System Operation in NPCC and NERC compliance related working groups and committees. Work on compliance related issues both internal to Con Edison and with external organizations such as NYISO, NPCC, NERC, FERC and other neighboring TOs, CIPs, TOPs and reliability coordinators.
- Make presentations on the compliance program and operational tools as required at the executive level.
- Participate in on-site, off-site self-certifications, spot checks, and audits. Ensure timely, accurate, and well-documented submittals of documentation to NPCC.
- Procure, develop and maintain software applications in order to support the department goal of operational excellence.
- Develop solution to maintain operators situational awareness during Loss of EMS/Loss of Corporate Network scenarios.
- Support General Manager in the development of annual operations and maintenance budgets and human resources associated with NERC standards and operational tools.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports and take action to develop individual and group performance standards.
- Track monthly Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrate active participation in creating an Operating Error Free environment by influencing behavior through the use of Human Performance Improvement Tools along with other efforts.
- Active participation in System Operations Procedure/Manual Review Process
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with at least 8 years of relevant work experience. Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with NERC regulatory standards and operational control centers preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the regulatory structure of FERC, NERC, NPCC, and NYISO, and their relationship to Con Edison.
- Experience with NPCC audits and working knowledge and experience with NERC standards is preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience.
- Experience in drafting technical procedures, business process documents, or specifications for the electric power industry.
- Must have 3 years of experience in a compliance related function.
- Experience with database engines such as SQL And reporting is preferred
- Must be familiar with application development lifecycle and common development preforms.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with document management system such as SharePoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution and generation principles is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Con Edison electric service area transmission, distribution and power generating facilities is preferred.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential as well as the ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of Con Edisons corporate values and mission.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills, champion change and have the ability to influence others in order to improve the management process.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- This position may require local and out of town travel and representation of the Company at regulatory meetings including NYISO, NPCC and NERC meetings.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and available to be on call, work off shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as operating and system conditions require.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.