Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare pre-engineering studies, review, and comment on plans and specifications.
- Conduct pre-construction field visits for plans and specification constructability and accuracy.
- Mitigate construction contract, plan and specification deviations with user groups and contractors.
- Monitor progress and expenditures of ongoing projects.
- Ensure plans, specifications and HASPs are being followed.
- Assist with setting department goals.
- Ensure compliance with operating, maintenance, housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Enhance the companys public image by improving the performance of field forces and the appearance of our facilities and equipment.
- Maintain inter and intra department communication to ensure timely completion to all projects.
- Ensure open communication with City, State and Federal Agencies to support the gals of the company, and New York City.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to executives, weekly, management, and governmental agencies.
- Cultivate positive working relationships within the construction organization and govern mental authorities, especially the PSC.
- Ensure the Central Construction group continuously improves and utilizes the Contractor Oversight system (COS)
- Conducts, attends field walks, pre-award meetings, and job progress meetings.
- Works toward meeting the goals of the organization and the Central Construction Key performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, design, and environmental fields of construction required.
- Ability to review and provide comments on engineering and construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, internal and external customers, contractors, etc.
- Knowledge in electrical, mechanical, or civil construction is preferred.
- Experience and work knowledge of construction specifications & procedures required.
- Work knowledge of Electric Transmission facilities.
- Experience and knowledge of street excavation and applicable safety standards.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work indoors, outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physically able to wear a respirator, and work weekends, holidays, off-hours and during emergencies if needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.