Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Represent the Company in state (New York) and federal (Environmental Protection Agency) administrative proceedings and to negotiate and/or litigate in connection with the cleanup of contaminated sites and in connection with air and water regulatory/compliance matters.
- Prepare a variety of regulatory filings and provide advice to Company management in connection with state and federal environmental matters and proceedings.
- Perform legal research, write legal memoranda and draft contracts.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Provide any other environmental legal services related to Company operations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate J.D. Degree from a recognized law school.
Required Work Experience
- Must be admitted to practice law in the state of New York Required And
- Must have a minimum of 7 years legal experience with a focus on environmental matters (including remediation and regulatory/compliance matters). Required And
- Must have a working knowledge of administrative law. Required And
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Required
- Experience with SEQRA and permitting of utility infrastructure is a plus. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.