Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review and process Outside Counsel invoices in LawManager and Oracle.
- Maintain and organize Regulatory files in Caseworks system.
- Maintain and organize corporate files (electronic and paper files), including searching, retrieving, and scanning documents into the office imaging system and create electronic databases.
- Organize documents and information for litigation or regulatory purposes including responses to discovery or governmental requests.
- Complete certificates of service for all documents mailed, including blue backs.
- Perform occasional research.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents and maintain confidentiality with respect to all correspondence in all aspects of the Law Departments work.
- Maintain and monitor the inflow and outflow of office supplies goods, arrange for repair and maintenance of office equipment, receive, store and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, and send, receive and sort mail and other packages.
- Serve and file (when necessary) all affidavits, affirmations and memorandums for Replevin group.
- Complete electronic filing of pleadings in cases filed in Supreme Court and Bankruptcy Court.
- Interact with corporate staff, clients and customers.
- Approve exception time for Assistant General Counsel direct reports.
- Prepare expense reports for Assistant General Counsel and others.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Assist with the administration of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses and seminars.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Paralegal Studies preferred
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in administrative support to senior level management or attorneys in a corporate or legal environment. Required
- Must be able to work well independently or in a team environment. Required
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to create charts, graphs and spreadsheets, prepare PowerPoint presentations and create electronic databases. Required
- Must be detailed-orientated with good analytical skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external contacts professionally with tact and sensitivity. Required
- Must be disciplined, have excellent time management skills and take initiative on projects. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as exemplary follow-up skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Required
- Must be adaptable to frequent changes in workload and willing to work overtime, with little or no notice, when business needs dictate. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to bend, stoop and kneel to file documents and, when necessary, be able to lift boxes of files.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.