Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Process all customer payments.
- Operate mail opening and extraction equipment.
- Operate payment transport equipment, performing keying and correction of image scan line, account, and/or amount.
- Balance payments with multiple checks and/or customer bills.
- Utilize customer service systems (for both Utilities) for accessing account information.
- Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Generate daily reports.
- Operate personal computer, calculator, and other similar office equipment.
- Perform other related or less skilled duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles. Required
- Knowledge of personal computers and keyboard ability. Required
- Efficiency and accuracy in keying numbers and bookkeeping functions. Required
- Willingness to assist and instruct co-workers in department. Required
- Sound physical condition. Required
- Capable of lifting Post Office trays of mail, boxes of checks and customer bills up to 30 lbs.
- May require prolonged sitting or standing. Required
- Possession of the qualities of neatness, cleanliness, and orderliness in work and person. Required
- Note: Payment Processor job specification includes a 15 month lock-in period.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.