Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Assist senior EEDM staff on key regulatory issues by monitoring developments in regulations related to energy efficiency and demand management, especially Energy Efficiency including Gas Energy Efficiency, Distributed Energy Resources, Non-wires Alternatives, Non-pipes Solutions, and Demand Response including Gas Demand Response, by reviewing filings and developing summaries
- Assist EEDM operations teams in meeting compliance obligations including reporting requirements related to department programs as well as filings to report additional shareholder earnings related to EEDM.
- Assist in analysis of the impact of potential changes in market rules or rates, including rate cases and other policy developments, on the ability of EEDM to successfully execute its programs and meet targets.
- Work with internal stakeholders to help formulate company positions and proposals on key issues and help prepare position papers on energy issues relevant to our advocacy priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with Program Delivery, Evaluation, Measurement and Verification, Strategy and Planning, and Strategic Services teams within the department in order to help develop detailed regulatory compliance reports and assist in development of clear explanations of regulatory rules and constraints.
- Develop clear and concise but thorough documents that articulate policy positions, and develop effective and detailed memos and policy recommendations for consideration by senior management.
- Professionally, and with sound business judgment and integrity, engage with internal teams and external stakeholders, and advocate for Company positions
- The Senior Specialist will also be called upon to assist in corporate emergencies as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of work experience
Required Work Experience
- Regulatory, energy efficiency, demand-side management or policy experience Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills Required
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management Required
- Experience working in a regulated utility regulatory Preferred
- Familiarity with Con Edison energy efficiency and demand management programs Preferred
- Familiarity with the NY Public Service Commission or other similar regulatory agencies relating to Clean Energy or Energy Efficiency and Demand Response Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.