Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform the following functions, as assigned, with periodic supervision:
- Analyze and structure transactions;
- Review, negotiate and draft contracts and other legal instruments;
- Provide advice and counsel to internal clients, including Company management, on a variety of transactions and transaction-related legal issues; and
- Review, analyze and prepare comments on proposed rules, regulations and legislation.
- Perform administrative matters relating to the operation of the Law Department.
- Perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as required.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and (a) be admitted to the New York State bar or (b) be admitted to practice law in another state and be eligible for registration as in-house counsel pursuant to applicable New York State rules.
Required Work Experience
- Sr Attorney (63) - Minimum of seven years of relevant transactional experience (e.g., structuring, analysis, review, negotiation, drafting, counseling). Or
- Associate Counsel (64) - Minimum of ten years of relevant transactional experience (e.g., structuring, analysis, review, negotiation, drafting, counseling).
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company emergency management processes and storm plans, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.