Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review, research and gather documents and prepare litigation files in preparation for court appearances, drafting and responding to motions on pending cases and research customer billing disputes.
- Review incoming mail through MAVRO and distribute to the appropriate group.
- Coordinate with and advise management personnel providing documents in response to discovery requests.
- Monitor accounts in default and mail default correspondence when applicable.
- Analyze documents and catalog exhibits provided in response to discovery requests.
- Perform legal research and cite check briefs.
- File pleadings in the Southern and Eastern District Bankruptcy Courts through the courts electronic PACER system.
- Monitor cases through e-court and handle other tasks related to litigation support.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And A minimum of four years paralegal or legal experience is required. Or
- Bachelor's Degree And A minimum of two years relevant legal experience is preferred.
- A Paralegal Certificate or a degree in legal studies and experience in collections, personal injury and/or property damage claims or lawsuits is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Must be a Notary Public or become one within 90 days of appointment. Req And
- 2 years Minimum 2-3 years paralegal or legal assistant experience Req And
- Must be able to work well independently or in a team environment. Req And
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint. Req And
- Experience with document management or case management systems preferred. Knowledge of Law Manager would be a plus. Req And
- Must be detail-oriented with good analytical skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Req And
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external contacts professionally with tact and sensitivity. Req And
- Must be disciplined and have excellent time management skills. Req And
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as exemplary follow-up skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.