Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Assist in all aspects of program strategy, operation, analysis and reporting, which includes performing cost/benefit analysis; contract negotiation with customers and vendors; managing program financial budgets, tracking, invoicing, and other accounting aspects of the programs implementation vendors and other contractors; analyze, monitor, track, and accrue all TDM project related costs; timely and accurate input of project, customer, and accounting information into the designated TDM database tracking system; monitoring contractor activities for adherence to approved schedules, contract provisions, and project specifications; and conducting quality control activities as required.
- Support the development and evaluation of Non-Wire Solutions by engaging with various market participants, considering the implementation of a variety of innovative technology solutions, and finding optimal ways to develop portfolios of these diverse solutions for different areas of the service territory.
- Engage with regulators, and support the reporting requirements of TDM programs to New York Public Service Commission.
- Assist the development of procurement mechanisms (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) to achieve load relief in targeted areas and companys goals.
- Coordinate with various areas of the Company such as Central and Regional Engineering, Distribution Planning, Resource Planning, Analytics, and Finance, to foster the development and implementation of Non-wires Solutions.
- Coordinate communication among the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management teams, customers and other stakeholders. Provide performance reports and information to various Company orgnaizayions and governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Respond customer inquiries and provide excellent customer experience.
- Respond to questions and or data requests from the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Analytics, Forecasting, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, or related field
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Work experience Required
- Must have strong computer skills including Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- Strong communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Required
- Ability to work on challenging assignments, flexibility to deal with ambiguity, and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Technical writing skills Preferred
- Experience in energy efficiency, or other competitive, market driven utility programs Preferred
- Experience with partners and vendors and/or demand management Preferred
- Experience with electric distribution system design or operations Preferred
- Experience with energy efficiency and distributed generation technologies Preferred
- Experience with project management tools Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.