Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under the supervision of other Attorneys, to perform litigation activities and other assigned matters involving the Company.
- Conducts research and prepares legal memoranda for other attorneys.
- Develops the facts through the interview of Company personnel and third parties, through document review, and through other fact-finding techniques, utilizing Company investigators and paralegals where appropriate.
- Drafts pleadings, motions, and discovery demands/responses.
- Participates in all stages of discovery, including but not limited to identifying, gathering and analyzing documents, conducting depositions, conducting site inspections.
- Prepares and argues motions.
- Appears and represents the Company at court conferences.
- Assists in providing general legal advice to client organizations.
- Represents the Company at hearings and trials in cases involving greater complexity and exposure, as appropriate.
- Provides any other legal service related to Company operations.
- Manages a caseload of cases involving greater complexity and exposure brought on behalf of or against the Company.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate from recognized Law School.
Required Work Experience
- Must be admitted to the New York bar.
- 6 years of relevant legal experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.