Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support/Assist department in the following areas:
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Archer Compliance Tracking System for the NERC Compliance program;
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to prepare audit documents including compliance evidence and Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets;
- Work on Company activities associated with the Transmission Planner, Transmission Operator, Transmission Owner, Distribution Provider, Generation Owner and Generation Operator registrations;
- Provide input to NERC Standards under development and coordinate comments from SMEs;
- Support Company activities associated with the NERC Reliability Assurance Initiative, including preparation of NPCC Inherent Risk Assessments and NPCC Internal Control Evaluation documentation;
- Participate in NERC and NPCC Standards development activity as a ballot body representative;
- Support the reporting of system events to NPCC and NERC;
- Support the tracking for all NERC Alerts using the Action Tracking System;
- Support the maintenance of a secure compliance website to provide archiving of Company compliance records and documentation, including cyber security documents;
- Coordinate NERC compliance training for SMEs and officers;
- With Manager's input, coordinate the distribution of NERC compliance and technical documents;
- Input outage data to the NERC Transmission Availability Data System (TADS) for Con Edison; and
- Support activities associated with Con Edison's participation in the North American Transmission Forum.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 years relevant experience or 6 months relevant experience in Consolidated Edison's college cooperative or summer internship program. Relevant experience includes Full-time or internship experience in application and theory of electrical engineering principles in the area of planning, design and/or operation of the bulk electric transmission system
- Familiarity with NERC Electric Reliability Standards applicable to Con Edison's registration;
- Experience drafting technical procedures or business process documents;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Demonstrated attention to detail in project work;
- Experience working in teams;
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines;
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; and
- Working knowledge of SharePoint or similar document management system preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory;
- Must be willing to travel throughout the USA and Canada to attend industry and regulatory meetings;
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes or storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.