Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform all day-to-day technical and administrative tasks associated with the Con Edison NERC Reliability Compliance Program.
- Prepare audit document packages for submittal to the NPCC and participate in on-site, off-site and spot check audits.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data to NPCC.
- Under the guidance of the Section Manager, review data submittals proposed by Company organizations to ensure adequacy and alignment with relevant NERC standards. Assist Company organizations in the development of compliance violation Mitigation Plans.
- Monitor and report on status of Mitigation Plan implementation.
- Support various departments within Con Edison to ensure compliance with NERC reliability standards. Write procedures to detail and identify the functions of the Compliance Program.
- Become proficient in all NERC Standards and present and explain the NERC Standards to other Company organizations.
- Make compliance program presentations to various Company organizations and at the executive level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering 2 years work experience to include one year applicable engineering experience. ASSOCIATE ENGINEER (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering 3 years applicable engineering experience. ENGINEER (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering 8 years applicable engineering experience. SR. ENGINEER (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Familiarity with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards Required
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution and generation principles.
- Familiarity with electric reliability planning concepts.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in project work.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new topics.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated performance of value-added assignments.
- Experience in drafting technical procedures, business process documents or specifications for the electric power industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO or RTO rules is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of the Con Edison electric service area transmission, distribution and power generating facilities.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the USA and Canada to attend industry and regulatory meetings.
- Must be able to participate in the company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.