Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conducts internal investigations as needed. Reinforces significance of employees' obligation to cooperate in internal investigations and provides appropriate counsel to differentiate and reflect the level of cooperation n the severity of discipline.
- Ensures that EEO and Affirmative Action policies are communicated and enforced. Investigates and resolves complaints.
- Counsels managers on wage administration, including progression and general increases for Union employees and annual performance reviews (merit and variable) for management employees.
- Counsels managers on disciplinary matters for management and weekly employees consistent with respective guidelines and policies. Advises Department Manager of local discipline policies for evaluation and possibly broader application.
- Acts as a resource to the team by sharing experience and job knowledge
- Contributes to the preparation of select "case studies" for dissemination by line organizations as a means to communicate discipline decisions.
- Facilitates the preparation/approval of documents to hire, promote, terminate and internally transfer employees.
- Participates in generating documents for extended absences, such as pregnancy related leave.
- Participates in the staffing process by posting jobs, training management how to conduct the company's structured interview format and BEI's and conducts interviews with customers, when appropriate.
- Facilitates the preparation of, and tracks submissions of performance evaluations for both union and management employees. Helps managers formulate development plans for subordinates.
- Facilitates department compliance with adherence to corporate drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Facilitates activities to assist managers and supervisors in controlling lost time, accurately reporting excused time and fostering compliance with contract administration by educating them on supervisory responsibilities and providing periodic status reports.
- Educates supervisors and managers on new and existing human resource policies and practices and orients them regarding their responsibilities. Stays current with HR trends and practices; which includes enrolling in applicable classes at TLC (when applicable) as well as attending external training.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 7 years of relevant work experience required for Specialist 1H candidates. 9 Years relevant work experience is required for the Sr. Specialist 2L candidates. Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 Years or relevant work experience is required for Specialist 1H candidates. 7 years of relevant work experience is required for the Sr. Specialist 2L position. Or
- Bachelor's Degree (Psychology, HR, Business Management preferred) And 3 years of relevant work experience preferred for Specialist 1H candidates. 5 Years relevant work experienced preferred for the Specialist 2L position.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years work experience in Human Resourses related activities and knowledge of personnel administration, EEO, labor relations, wage administration and interviewing Req And
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills required. Req And
- Prior supervisory experience with a line organizational skills required. Req And
- Proficiency in PC applications required (Microsoft Office). Familiarity with mainframe applications a plus. Req And
- Strong administrative and organizational skills required. Req And
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner required. Req And
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities required. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: SHRM Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to travel to various Company locations required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.