Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Energy Efficiency & Demand Management Department has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional in its Demand Response team. The Demand Response team manages demand response programs to help improve electric and gas service reliability while minimizing impacts to customer bills. Demand response is often called the Smart Grid in action since it utilizes dynamic customer actions to better manage the electric and gas supply system. Our programs are at the cutting edge of the new utility business model. The (Senior) Specialist supports the execution of the Company's Demand Response programs, including design, operational, administrative, budgetary, marketing, performance analysis, reporting, process improvement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Assist in all aspects of program operation, analysis and reporting. Operations include program design, enrollment processing, customer and vendor communication, data management and quality control, software maintenance and testing.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Respond to questions and or data requests from the department's Sales and Marketing teams
- Assist in administrative and analytical roles in support of the measuring, reporting and implementation of comprehensive demand response to meet the Company's operations and business objectives and goals.
- Participate in the on-call roster during the summer (electric) and winter (gas) capability periods
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum of two (2) years of work experience required. Specialist (1H)
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years relevant work experience Sr. Specialist (2L)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, or related field Specialist (1H)
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Information Technology or related field. Sr. Specialist (2L)
Required Work Experience
- Must have strong computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications Required
- Comfortable to work on challenging assignments in a fast paced environment. Required
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work alone or in teams. Required
- Ability to make sound decisions through the use of traditional and creative solutions while measuring the risks and impacts of his/her actions. Required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are essential. Required
- Familiarity with, financial or economic modeling; knowledge and or work experience other, competitive, market-driven utility energy efficiency and demand side management initiatives Preferred
- Experience with the following: database management, demand and revenue forecasting, financial or economic modeling, developing and maintaining SQL queries Preferred
- Technical writing skills Preferred
- Experience in demand response, or other competitive, market driven utility programs Preferred
- Experience with electric distribution system design or operations Preferred
- Experience with gas supply or gas system design or operations Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.