Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Evaluates and responds to Commission policy statements, orders, testimony and filings related to energy efficiency, demand response, retail choice, renewable energy, and low income and assume a lead role in the development of corporate strategies to address regulatory filings and issuances.
- Reviews and evaluates legislative initiatives and statewide energy and renewable plans and policies in New York and New Jersey and on a federal level.
- Works with internal staff, the Con Edison Energy Policy and Regulatory Department and O&R Corporate Affairs Department in developing corporate position on such initiatives.
- Provides for timely and direct communications regarding the Company's positions and programs with personnel from each regulatory agency and trade group organizations.
- Represents the Company at NYPSC/NJBPU conferences and meetings and at working group meetings related to retail choice, low income, energy efficiency, demand response and renewables.
- Provides guidance and direct support to Director, Section Manager and Managers in seeking tariff modifications and regulatory filings.
- Researches, benchmarks and provides recommendations on customer energy program implementation, regulatory, and communications strategies with other utilities and public authorities.
- Provides guidance and assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of Customer Energy Services Programs.
- Assumes lead role in all departmental CEO Certification efforts. Collaborates with Director, Section Manager and Managers to comply with departmental CEO Certification efforts, maintains records and updates department policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Works with Regulatory Counsel (Law Department) on a regular basis to ensure consistent interpretation of PSC, BPU orders and staff guidance across the Customer Energy Services department.
- Prepares required regulatory submissions and reports for Customer Energy Services Programs.
- Develops and documents changes for the Company's Customer Energy Services Programs as needed in response to regulatory mandates and provide guidance in regulatory processes to evaluate programs on an on-going basis.
- Prepares regulatory submissions and responses to interrogatories in proceedings related to Customer Energy Services Programs and in response to filings made by others.
- Makes presentations to outside groups and participates on teams.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments, as required.
Required Work Experience
- Must have 4-5 years of experience in regulatory policy, operational analysis or program management.
- Must have demonstrated analytical experience, strong writing and communication skills, and experience in research and report writing.
- Must have the ability to interact and partner with various levels of management and internal/external organizations.
- Must have experience handling multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Must have experience working independently and making sound business decisions.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel inside and outside of the Con Edison and O&R service territory to attend meetings with Department of Public Service Staff, NY State Energy Research Development Authority, NY Independent System Operator and other entities outside New York if needed., as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.