Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison Company of New York is driving energy efficiency savings and demand reductions across NYC and Westchester to help NYS and NYC meet ambitious energy and environmental goals. The Industry & Market Analysis Senior Specialist will deliver actionable industry and marketplace intelligence across Con Edison's Energy Efficiency & Demand Management Department to support vertical- and product-based go-to-market strategies and execution.
- The position will provide intelligence on industry dynamics across major market stakeholders such as manufacturers of energy efficiency equipment, distributors, retailers, contractors & installers, and end customers. These market insights will inform the design of energy efficiency program design, business strategy, and sales and marketing strategy. The candidate would work collaboratively with internal clients such as Strategy, Programs, New Product Development, and Marketing and Sales.
- Ideally, the candidate has prior competitive intelligence experience, or has been part of a market research company that provides industry insights and market sizing (such as Forrester, S&P, D&B, ICF, Navigant, ERS, Cadmus, West Hill, and E Source).
- Partner with colleagues throughout the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Department to translate business needs into well-defined research questions; and collect, analyze, and synthesize industry knowledge, trends, industry benchmarking, analyst data, internal company intelligence, and primary quantitative and qualitative information to develop actionable insights.
- Analyze opportunities and market sizes for energy efficient technologies (e.g. lighting, HVAC, electric vehicles, appliances, smart home and smart building technologies, etc.).
- Value chain map suppliers, distributors, and retailers of specific energy efficient technologies and their respective business models (pricing, margins, aspects of differentiation, etc.) to illuminate how technologies are sold, and to identify and characterize who are the key stakeholders influencing energy efficient equipment purchase decisions.
- Analyze business customer and consultant purchasing considerations and habits from sole proprietors to the largest most sophisticated customers to help the Department develop compelling offerings and the most effective go to market approaches.
- Become a trusted advisor on markets and share implications, using data, insights and vision to help business leaders understand and act upon developments in the industry.
- Communicate marketplace and industry performance metrics to key executive stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, economics, building engineering or sustainability
- Master's Degree in Business, economics, building engineering or sustainability
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Work experience in related field or industry Required
- Prior industry research or competitive intelligence experience providing insights, market sizing and characterization, and trend forecasting. (E.g., firms such as Forrester, S&P, D&B, ICF, Navigant, ERS, Cadmus, West Hill, and E Source). Required
- Demonstrated comfort, facility, and creativity collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing heterogeneous information into actionable insights. (Industry reports; Department primary research such as surveys, focus groups and structured interviews; analyses and model results from Department's Analytics team.) Required
- Value chain mapping, including pricing, volume, and margin analysis. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration Required
- Demonstrated success partnering with colleagues or clients to turn insights into effective action. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Strong problem solving skills. Required
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Required
- Experience with energy efficiency, building technology, and /or construction industries. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.