Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage or perform data verification, data scrubbing, data manipulation, econometric regression analysis, and time series analysis.
- Develop forecasts of electric delivery volume and peak load for CECONY and ORU for budget, rate cases and long range planning purposes.
- Evaluate energy efficiency and demand response programs to determine their impact on electric delivery volume and peak load.
- Manage or perform analyses on the impact of solar photo-voltaic generation and electric vehicle charging on the electric delivery volume and peak load.
- Coordinate or review monthly reconciliations of actual to budget and actual to prior year data.
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, regulatory filings, rate case testimony and exhibits, and respond to interrogatories from the PSC staff and other intervenors to the Company's rate filings.
- Explore, develop and implement new methods for analyzing data.
- Deliver presentations on electric delivery volume and peak forecasts to management.
- Represent the Company at meetings with the NYISO, New York State Public Service Commission, New York City governmental agencies, and other stakeholders on matters relating to the delivery volume and peak forecasts.
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets in the process of building models.
- Work in co-operation with our vendors and IT Support to ensure the delivery of our forecasts and services.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work and co-operate as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Strong decision-making ability under pressure and time constraints.
- Previous experience shall be preferred, especially if energy related.
- Be an expert wintess in Rate Proceedings
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Finance And At least 5 years Energy Industry experience Post-graduate knowledge or strong academic background in a quantitative discipline including modules in statistical theory and/or econometrics. Experience in pattern detection and analysis of large data sets.
- Master's Degree Master of Science (M.S.) Or
- Master's Degree Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Or
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Must have the capability to perform regression analysis and knowledge of advance statistics, as well as strong presentation skills. Must be an expert in Excel and Power Point. Req And
- 2 years Must have the potential to learn and build models in EViews or any other forecasting program. Req And
- 2 years Proficient in developing comprehensive and analytical spreadsheet models in Excel. Req And
- 2 years Knowledge of one of the following: Basic understanding of statistical/econometric analysis software, EViews, Phyton, SAS, R, MS Access, VBA , SQL/Windows command line interfaces and databases such as MySQL or MS SQLServer, and an interest in gaining skills in scripting. Req And
- Less than 2 years Knowledge of neural networks, and energy reconciliation. Pref And
- Less than 2 years Knowledge of Visual Basic. Pref And
- Less than 2 years Previous experience in an energy related company. Pref And
- Less than 2 years Strong decision-making ability under pressure and time constraints. Pref And
Skills & Ability
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Develops and delivers effective presentations And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality And
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information And
- Proactively approaches responsibilities And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel occasionally within the tri-State and Pennsylvania areas including Albany, and frequently within the CECONY and ORU service territories.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Must be able to drive on streets and highways to the above places and occasionally stay overnight.
- Must perform wire guard duty/site safety during storm emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.