Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for assignment of daily work to technicians, technician performance evaluations, tracking technician productivity and meeting technician training goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise in the use of the Company's various computer systems such as the various financial systems (HR Payroll, Oracle), laboratory systems (e.g. LIMS, Mainsaver, Chromeleon), and the Microsoft Office products.
- Responsible to fill the Emergency Duty Supervisory position to provide a responsible ChemLab contact for all Company Operating Organizations during off-shifts and weekends.
- Responsible for responding to field emergencies on off-shifts and weekends.
- Responsible for working greater than 8 hours per shift on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of department goals.
- Responsible for inspections of work areas to minimize safety hazards and to see that employees are working safety (JSSEs). Conducts safety talks at regular intervals and encourages participation. Fosters an attitude which promotes and supports environmental compliance.
- Responsible for monitoring the Laboratory Operation's operating budget. Ensures costs are controlled through the prudent use of consumables and the work force.
- Maintains records on all pertinent data for area of responsibility. Prepares written reports as required related to incidents of importance.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and cleanliness practices are followed by frequent inspections of work areas.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Environmental Science (preferred) And 4 years Work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Environmental Science (preferred) And 3 years Work experience
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years in a laboratory or EH&S discipline Required
- Completion of position-specific EH&S training within 1 year Required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred Preferred
- Completion of Company CEHSP preferred of successful completion of CEHSP program within 2 years Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must free climb ladders up to 475 feet high
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Position requires flexibility to work outdoors and rotating shifts.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.