Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Successful candidates for this position must be interested in qualifying as Mechanic A's.
- Must have welding knowledge in API1104 OR B31.1 welding codes or have attended classes in a certified welding school.
- Must be able to complete and achieve welding qualification in down-hand API1104 and B31.1 welding codes.
- Must possess burning license and fireguard certification.
- Must maintain all license certifications.
- Upon successful completion of welding school, the candidate must be able to fabricate piping from layouts, blueprints and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to interpret welding specifications, standards and procedures and work unsupervised to complete assignments.
- Must be able to perform welding tasks and various mechanical duties on live steam, gas and electric facilities.
- Must be willing to further welding skills as the need for such welding specifications is required by the department.
- The candidates will be expected to provide outstanding customer service and present a positive image of the company to customers
- Selected candidates must also be able to work various shifts, rotating shifts, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Candidates will be expected to work safely and are required to communicate clearly with their coworkers and customers.
- High School Diploma/GED 3 yrs. of welding experience Experience should include some knowledge of API1104 OR B31.1 welding codes and various mechanical duties on live steam, gas and electric facilities.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.