Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Use analytics results and data visualizations to provide actionable recommendations to the Company and department teams on an ongoing and ad hoc basis.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative projects from hypothesis formation to delivering findings recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the development and assessment of solutions to support program managers in program design and implementation of programs.
- Mine customer research and program data to generate insight into current and predicted future use, adoption, and trends.
- Provide technical support for analysis, modeling, forecasting, and evaluation of program performance, budgets and energy reduction goals.
- Assess the impact of program results on infrastructure requirements and operations.
- Blend utility data from a variety of different sources to inform program design and guide strategic thinking; identify and recommend new data sources or databases that could improve research.
- Perform all project management responsibilities for assigned analytics projects.
- Work with our teams to recommend and establish the best analytic approaches and set the standard of excellence for conducting, packaging up, and reporting on frequently used analyses and data sets (and related materials).
- Identify and recommend new analytics tools or techniques that could improve timing and impact of results.
- Identify and recommend new data sources or databases that could improve research and analytics projects.
- Contribute to short-term and long-term plans for identifying needed research project and data sources.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and knowledge of relevant market, energy, utility and technology trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, economics or related quantitative fields
- Master's Degree MBA or related Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, economics, or related quantitative fields And with a minimum of three years of business experience.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of four years business experience in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, engineering, or related field Required
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and work in teams and across departments Required
- Proven problem solving skills, detailed oriented, and flexibility in handling multiple assignments and able to meet deadlines Required
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration Required
- Excellent computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office Required
- Proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, dimensionality reduction, and optimization algorithms Required
- Expertise in R and/or Python Required
- Ability to work with unstructured data Required
- Data visualization, preferably with Tableau Required
- Experience with Hadoop, Oracle, SQL, Analytica, GIS Preferred
- Modeling experience including but not limited to Monte Carlo simulations, linear optimization, and Bass diffusion methods Preferred
- Proficiency in data munging/wrangling Preferred
- Experience with machine learning algorithms Preferred
- Public speaking Preferred
- Experience in the utility and/or energy industry Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.