Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Contribute to key Corporate Initiatives in a team environment, with other Strategic Planning team and cross functional team members. Key Corporate Initiatives include:
- a. Monitoring and analyzing of existing business and potential business opportunities
- b. Conducting financial analysis of existing businesses and potential business opportunities
- c.Conducting strategic reviews of existing CEI businesses and businesses under consideration.
- d. Evaluating growth opportunities
- Provide important modeling and analytic support to development teams
- Support corporate initiatives team in providing advice/ counsel to CEI and business unit management on major project proposals.
- Perform research and analysis of business opportunities.
- Develop information on industry trends and status of other companies in our industry.
- As required, participate in all phases of M&A including monitoring the business landscape, conducting research on potential candidates for valuation, attractiveness and execution potential.
- Provide important modeling and analytic support for negotiations, due diligence assessments, synergy assessments, and participating in transaction and integration phases.
- As required, supervise junior team members
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in economics, finance, or business accounting from a top-tier University or Liberal Arts
Required Work Experience
- Four to five years experience with a minimum of 3 years in the industry, or a strong demonstrated capability to understand strategic issues in the utility/energy industry.
- Experience leading teams, Junior Analyst or supervising projects is required
- Data or financial modeling experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to compile/ analyze and synthesize data into presentations and reports are required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.