Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Maintains a working knowledge of state and federal codes governing vegetation management along with Orange & Rockland's electric standards, work procedures, and EH&S rules and guidelines.
- Supervises the work of contract Vegetation Management crews and contract inspectors to ensure that work is performed in compliance with job specifications, and that required clearances are achieved.
- Ensures all contractor work is performed in compliance with company safety standards and OSHA requirements.
- Performs written quality audits of contractors work and provides feedback to management.
- Recommends work process improvements to enhance quality and productivity.
- Provides expert arboriculture advice on customer inquiries regarding vegetation maintenance and utility line clearance requirements.
- Acts as the company representative at Town and Municipality meetings regarding utility vegetation maintenance requirements.
- Responds to emergencies during non-working hours.
- Reports contractor work performance through the contractor oversight system.
- Tracks and controls project costs. Utilizes Oracle to requisition, receipt, and approve payments.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of studies and reports required by the Company and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains required records and reports in a manner suitable for inspection by Company auditors and governing agencies.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Environmental Science, Forestry, or other related field with 2 years of work experience in line clearance operations on electric transmission and/or distribution lines Or
- Associate's Degree preferably in Environmental Science, Forestry, or other related field with 4 years of work experience in line clearance operations on electric transmission and/or distribution lines Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years work experience in line clearance operations on electric transmission and/or distribution lines.
Required Work Experience
- Two years supervisory experience. Preferred
- Must have strong decision making skills. Must be flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills required to effectively supervise contractor operations.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certification by International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) as a Certified Arborist is preferred. This certification must be obtained within 18 months of being assigned to this position. 1 1/2 Yrs Required
- Other: Certification by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation as a licensed pesticide applicator or technician under category 6A is preferred. This certification must be obtained within 18 months of being assigned to this position. 1 1/2 Yrs Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing as required by the Department of Transportation.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.