Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Central Engineering is seeking a highly motivated candidate for an EP Technical Associate (Engineering), an entry professional position, in the Relay Protection Analysis Section. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong service-oriented work ethic and be able to exercise good judgment and support Company goals for safety, exemplary customer service and environmental excellence. Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with internal customers, engineering staff and various levels of management. Must have the ability to work independently or as a member of a team on assignments. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 1 year of relevant engineering work experience (co-op or internship). Candidate should be skilled in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and possess strong experience in Python scripting, SQL, and OSI Soft PI Suite.
- The EP Technical Associate will provide the following duties: Support in the investigation of system incidents to determine root cause and issue recommendations for corrective action. Review schematic and wiring diagrams and test result data. Support in engineering projects related to relay protection, relay communication ,metering for Area and Transmission Substations and Steam Business unit; Support relay protection engineering compliance items; Support general engineering tasks, such as: create various reports, schedules and presentations; contact other Departments/Organizations to obtain or transmit technical information; Interface with other Departments/Organizations providing support. Periodically, must be available 24 hours a day to consult with operating organizations on relay problems. The individual must demonstrate analytical ability.
- Provide an assistance to the engineers in Relay Protection Analysis section investigating system events and compliance tasks by completing engineering tasks such as: calculations; sketches; searches through drawings database; developing presentations. Develop scripts to automate the analysis of system events gathered by protective relay systems and disturbance monitoring equipment by parsing through large amounts of data to populate an SQL database; Develop SQL reports and trends to generate asset management equipment health reports to predict equipment health; Participate in development of standard engineering documents such as standard drawings, engineering documents templates; Participate in project field walks. Performs other related assignments as required.
- Support/ Assist department goals by:
- Develop proactive, customer-centric culture, foster trust and confidence among our customers;
- Support engineering projects as Lead Discipline Engineer (LDE) on small capital projects
- Support general engineering tasks, such as: create various reports, schedules and presentations; contact other Departments/Organizations to obtain or transmit technical information;
- Interface with other Departments/Organizations providing support as a discipline engineer on the projects initiated by them;
- Maintain up-to-date status on all Engineering Service Requests (ESR) accepted by the Section Manager
- Provide assistance to the engineers in Control Systems Engineering Department working on large projects by completing engineering tasks such as: calculations; sketches; searches through drawings database (Team Center) and developing presentations.
- Participate in development of standard engineering documents such as standard drawings, engineering documents templates;
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And at least 1 year of relevant engineering work experience (co-op or internship) is required.
Required Work Experience
- One year relevant engineering experience (including co-op or internship). Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and possess strong experience in Python scripting, SQL, and OSI Soft PI Suite. Required
- Must also have a demonstrated ability to accept challenges. Required
- Must exercise good judgment and render sound decisions. Required
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Mission. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills Required
- Must be well organized, detail orientated and flexible to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Company employees Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and other utilities (as required).
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to substations and generating plants when system event investigations require site visits. Must be able to wear the required PPE for these visits and other emergency assignments.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.