Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Consolidated Edison's Law Department seeks an environmental attorney with 5+ years of experience in a law firm, regulatory agency or corporate law department to join its team. The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of state and federal environmental laws and regulations (including remediation and regulatory/compliance issues) and should be able to represent the Company in the courts and before state and federal administrative agencies.
- The job will involve negotiating and drafting agreements, negotiating and litigating issues involving the remediation of contaminated sites and air and water regulatory matters, preparing regulatory filings, and providing advice to Company management on compliance with state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Prepare a variety of regulatory filings and provide advice to Company management in connection with state and federal environmental matters and proceedings.
- Perform legal research, write legal memoranda and draft contracts.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Provide any other environmental legal services related to Company operations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate J.D. Degree from a recognized law school.
Required Work Experience
- Must be admitted to practice law in the state of New York Req And
- Applicants for the Sr. Attorney (63) position must have a minimum of 7 years legal experience with a focus on environmental matters (including remediation and regulatory/compliance matters). Req Or
- Applicants for the Sr. Staff Attorney (62) position must have a minimum of 5 years legal experience with a focus on environmental matters (including remediation and regulatory/compliance matters). Required
- Must have a working knowledge of administrative law. Req And
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Required
- Experience with SEQRA and permitting of utility infrastructure is a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.