Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review, negotiate and draft contracts (including procurement), easements, leases, licenses and other legal instruments, with limited supervision.
- Analyze and structure transactions, with limited supervision.
- Counsel and advise internal clients on transactions.
- Review and analyze title and survey.
- Perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Review, analyze, prepare comments and advise on proposed rules, regulations and legislation, including zoning and land use regulations.
- Perform administrative functions relating to the operation of the Law Department.
- Perform other legal services related to Company operations.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate Admission to the New York State Bar required.
Required Work Experience
- Sr Staff Attorney (62) - Minimum of four (4) years relevant real estate transactional experience, including negotiating and drafting contracts, easements, leases, licenses, reviewing and analyzing title/survey, and advising clients.
- Sr Attorney (63) - Minimum of seven (7) years relevant real estate transactional experience, including negotiating and drafting contracts, easements, leases, licenses, reviewing and analyzing title/survey, and advising clients.
- Ability to manage, with limited supervision, all aspects of a transaction, including, structuring the transaction, negotiating, reviewing and drafting transaction documents and advising internal clients.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent negotiation, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills, and must be able to adopt a proactive customer-centric mentality.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of real estate, contract and commercial legal principals.
- Must be familiar with zoning and land use rules and regulations.
- Writing samples are required and should include examples of both narrative writing and contract drafting.
- Must be flexible and able to handle busy work environment.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.