Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison Company of New York is driving energy efficiency savings and demand reductions across NYC and Westchester to help NYS meet its ambitious energy and environmental goals. The section manager for Sales influences the successful outcome of the department's performance in achieving business goals and white glove service through oversight of all aspects of the Company's energy efficiency and demand management business development, sales, channel partners and customer relationship functions; oversees planning and forecasting, budget development and expenditures, collection and analysis of data to measure performance and account and project management effectiveness; develops strategy and business plans for sales and customer account/project management and stays abreast of industry trends.
- The section manager directs the teams responsible for implementing these functions by fostering a culture of high performance, professional development and teamwork that values creativity and independent thinking and encourages employees to use their best judgment.
- The section manager engages with Company leadership and other stakeholders to influence market transformation, direct sales to customers and sales through channel partners such as retailers, market partners, participating contractors, distributors and manufacturers of equipment and ensures representatives speak to customers and other stakeholders with one voice.
- The role reports to the Department Manager of Program Delivery and Customer Engagement, and works closely with his or her colleagues across the EEDM management team.
- Oversee all aspects of the sales functions for energy efficiency and demand management including the development of sales plans, forecasts and quotas to achieve business goals.
- Develop and execute vertical and/or geographical sales plans and set goals/quotas for direct and channel sales that help to identify new customer and segment opportunities.
- Consult with strategy, planning, and marketing to develop and execute marketing plans and set performance goals.
- Consult with engineering for sales support and incorporate technical considerations into the sales strategy.
- Create processes to continuously improve sales and account management success.
- Ensure marketing and sales priorities align with strategy planning and the portfolios.
- Provide sales forecasts and pipeline updates for operations, financial and forecast planning.
- Interface closely with engineers and other subject matter experts to collaborate on technical assistance on complex sales.
- Ensure improvement in sales performance.
- Evaluate market research and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Provide thought leadership and direct the team responsible for implementing sales and account management functions.
- Present to various stakeholders to promote energy efficiency and demand management and in support of the sales function.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Actively support the professional development of the sales team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Steer participating contractors, market partners and other influencers and regularly inform these stakeholders about new and relevant information.
- Keep abreast of industry and sales trends; develop and maintain expertise on business development and account management best practices.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Communications or related fields And 8 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Master's or MBA 6 years relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- 8-10 years At least eight years of relevant work experience in sales and/or marketing or related fields Req
- 8-10 years Experience managing individuals, teams and projects Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Strong writing and oral communications skills Required
- Proven range of presentation skills to various audiences, including customers, teams, executives and industry stakeholders Required
- Proven track record in developing marketing and/or sales strategies Required
- Strong analytical skills Required
- Knowledge of CRM systems Required
- Familiar with New York State's market transformation initiatives Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Required
- Proven creativity and problem solving skills Required
- Experience in vendor oversight, including contract development, monitoring and performance Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with project management tools Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs Preferred
- Sales and account management; commission/non-commission based Preferred
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and demand management technologies Preferred
- Project management experience Preferred
- Experience with Oracle products Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.