Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Scrum Master supports the team and the Product Owner and helps to communicate, solve problems and deliver a great product. This role will teach the team all ways of agile software practices, lead all Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. Scrum Master brings the Product Owner and the team together and helps them to understand each other. Scrum Masters are personal coaches for team members and innovators who constantly seek ways to improve herself/himself and the team.
- Build and coach high performing teams
- Look for ways to strengthen team's understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
- Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in interaction design or related field is a plus
Required Work Experience
- Certified Scrum Practioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) Preferred
- Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum teams. Delivery or software development background.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum
- Strong communication skills - Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Team Leadership - Experienced in assessing how the team is doing and drive necessary actions to improve
- Able to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor team all roles on a Scrum team
- Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
- An ideal candidate will also have technical experience working with various technology stacks
- Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority - not afraid to do what is best for the team
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.