Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Establishes and maintains effective daily communications with Section Manager, Manager and EEPS and DR Program Managers to relay evaluation results and analyses to Program Implementation Managers to ensure a timely feedback loop.
- Contributes to the success of the group and department by creating and supporting best practices for department policies and procedures.
- Assists in administering vendor contracts related to EM&V for efficiency and demand response and other demand management related programs or measures.
- Assists in the support of all ongoing evaluation work and in developing EM&V program specific activities.
- Assists in performing program's Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) activities as necessary.
- Responsible for tracking and responding to EM&V data requests.
- Assists in completing Contractor Field Observation Report (CFOR) and Contractor Evaluation Report (CER) for vendor reporting requirements within the Contractor Oversight System (COS).
- Responsible for assisting with the analysis of Evaluations (process [qualitative] and impact [quantitative]) and Measurement and Verification (M&V) if required of energy efficiency, demand response and other demand management programs, or measures.
- Responsible for assisting in project management of various evaluation consultants in terms of the schedule and respective deliverables.
- Assists in conducting internal reviews required for EM&V documents as necessary
- Helps support various committees and forums on a national, regional and statewide level.
- Assists in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in support of, and in conjunction with Energy Efficiency and Demand Management related EM&V activities.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and Department of Public Service Staff in a supporting role.
- Assists in interpreting Customer Information System (CIS) billing data information while abiding by state mandated confidentiality guidelines and provisions.
- Assist in the preparation, and filing of mandated DPS statewide reporting requirements as necessary
- Reviews and processes Vendor invoices and accompanying support documentation required to process payments; and will assist in processing other Oracle related transactions including: administration, tracking and analysis of vendor contracts.
- Assists in preparing and analyzing EM&V Actual expenditures versus Budget, and develop the appropriate internal reporting.
- Supports all Company Emergency Response initiatives as required.
- May perform other special projects and related assignments as required to support operations and activities as directed bu Manager, Section Manager, Department Manager or NYS DPS.
- Perform other task and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Finance, Business Management, Sustainability, Quantitative Analysis or Statistical Methods related disciplines (preferred) And 2 years Relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Strong project management skills and capabilities Required
- Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other related database management (Access) tools Required
- Must exhibit a great attention to detail. Required
- Must demonstrate a high regard for personal accountability and focus on the importance of delivering innovative products and services to our customers in a competitive environment Required
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrated an ability to work alone or in a team environment and must be a team oriented individual. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible in handling multiple assignments, while being able to meet deadlines. Required
- Must be able to make sound decisions through the use of traditional and creative solutions while measuring the risks and impacts of his/her actions. Required
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written and presentation skills are required. Required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment Required
- Oracle proficiency Preferred
- Knowledge of DSM/Energy Efficiency Programs Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.