Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Investigate allegations of misconduct; utilize all investigative resources available both internal and external; locate and interview witnesses; gather Company and external records; work with subject matter experts and operational organizations; conduct interviews, surveillance, and review of records to resolve allegations and issues.
- Prepare detailed well written investigative reports documenting facts and circumstances related to reported allegations.
- Participate in special investigations.
- Work with other investigative organizations within the company on investigative matters of mutual interest.
- Provide concise verbal summaries of investigations to officers and appropriate managers.
- Maintain personal professional competency at a high level.
- Participate in case review and strategy sessions; make recommendations concerning on-going investigations; assist in evaluating cases; and conduct presentations as needed,
- Complete relevant investigations courses, Refresher courses will be scheduled as appropriate.
- May perform other related assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED with eight years relevant work experience
- Associate's Degree with four years' relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree with three years' relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience in auditing, engineering, construction, customer service, operations or other relevant areas Preferred
- Twenty years experience as a professional law enforcement officer with an investigative background or equivalent is preferred. Law enforcement experience in surveillance operations and interviewing techniques a plus. Preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.