Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. System Analyst is responsible for contributing, guiding, to the analysis of Cybersecurity incidents and events. The Sr Analyst will design, install, monitor IT computing infrastructure, provide timely response and troubleshoot alerts generated by various security tools. The Sr. System Analyst will help in protecting the company from all cyber threats and risks.
- Vulnerability review of firewall hardware and software
- Implementation and administration of firewalls
- UTM profile evaluation
- VIPs and NAT for external interfaces
- Traffic flow and firewall policy diagnostics
- Firewall administration, operation and integration
- Authentication services (AAA policies / RADIUS and RSA authentication connections)
- Prepare standards based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support Con Edison's information and communications network infrastructure.
- Prepare standards based, detailed bid specifications for the installation of computing and communications related network equipment to support Con Edison's information network infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and consulting on cybersecurity technology and solutions
- Serve as project liaison for small-scale vendor installation of computing and communication networks
- Monitor cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities and provide support as necessary to incident response team
- Available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree with three (3) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of six (6) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity
Required Work Experience
- Working experience in network Diagnostics, firewall operation and deployment Req And
- Must be knowledgeable of Information Security networking best practices and be able to evaluate design requests for Cyber Security threats Required
- Working experience in firewall administration, upgrades, backups, configuration, and diagnostics Req And
- IPSEC VPNs experience between firewalls as well as other similar vendor model firewalls/routers Req And
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required Req And
- Excellent oral and written skills Req And
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously Req And
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and network architecture is preferred Pref And
- Scripting experience is preferred Pref And
- Ability to present at different levels of management Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Technical certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCNA, etc.) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.