Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Works, as part of an interactive team, with senior Transmission Planning staff in planning the overall development of the Con Edison bulk electric transmission system on both a long-range and a short-range basis.
- Conducts routine studies, in accordance with applicable Criteria, Rules and Standards, of the bulk electric transmission system that include short circuit, thermal, and voltage analysis. Provide detailed written technical report documenting the results of the analysis is required.These studies include, but are not limited to:
- Short Circuit analysis: The adequacy of existing circuit breakers, Individual Breaker Analysis (IBA), and momentary short circuit calculations.
- Thermal/Voltage analysis: Steady State, N-1 and N-1/-1, and Extreme Contingency Assessment.
- Modifies, or writes, computer programs, or subroutines, required to perform the studies.
- Provide transmission system modeling data to the NYISO as detailed in the NYISO's Reliability Analyis Data Manual.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering required Or
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 years relevant experience or 6 months relevant experience in Consolidated Edison's college cooperative or summer internship program. Relevant experience includes Full-time or internship experience in application and theory of electrical engineering principles in the area of planning, design and/or operation of the bulk electric transmission system
- Must have the ability to coordinate basic complex engineering projects;
- Must have computer literacy and the ability to direct the usage of electronic computer-based analytical simulations;
- Experience working productively and effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines; And
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel to attend meetings/conferences as required on Company business.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.