Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Fulfill the function of a digital content strategist, ensuring content is delivered on the intranet channel in a timely and accurate way.
- Drive online content delivery strategy for company employees. Execute and manage internal communication content strategy.
- Monitor and identify issues on the SharePoint platform and work with IT to address and resolve issues.
- Manage the schedule of periodic content updates.
- Work with other departmental communicators to ensure adherence to the intranet governance rules and procedures.
- Monitor Google and SharePoint analytics and gain insights on user engagement of intranet webpages, content, and resources. Work with usability and data analyst to recommend changes to intranet content.
- Create and maintain a corporate taxonomy structure. Review taxonomy structure regularly and make adjustments to tagging content to improve content searchability (understand and apply SharePoint SEO best practices).
- Monitor search results and work with IT SharePoint Support to adjust and improve search engine rules.
- Work closely with Employee Communications and Creative Services to develop and post online assets and content.
- Coordinate content delivery with other department stakeholders to ensure governance compliance.
- Perform troubleshoot and remediate User Interface issues. Work with IT as required for backend issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required to support the function of a knowledge manager.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Master's Degree Minimum 2 years of work experience
Required Work Experience
- Possess a strong understanding of Digital Content Management and its principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies, and be able to use that expertise in a fast-paced team environment focused on results. Req
- 2 years Strong working knowledge of administering content on SharePoint 2016 Req
- 2 years Experience customizing CSS Required
- Working with search engine optimization (SEO) in SharePoint Preferred
- Experience in interacting with SharePoint 2016 APIs using AngularJS Preferred
- Verified professional training in Microsoft SharePoint Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.