Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years Relevant technical experience Or
- Associate's Degree In Electrical Technology or equivalent
Required Work Experience
- must have a working knowledge of Basic AC and DC electrical power theory and circuit analysis, including 3 phase AC power systems.
- must also have a working knowledge of mathematics and be able to learn to perform calculations involving basic trigonometry and vector analysis.
- must also have knowledge of, and experience with computer systems, and must be able to use a computer to perform automated testing and prepare spreadsheets and technical reports.
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and will be required to pass the PST Electrical Technician placement exam.
- candidates will perform testing, troubleshooting and repairs on protective relays and systems, overhead and underground switching and regulating devices, substation equipment, control systems and communication systems (SCADA - Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) in substations and at other field locations.
- must possess the ability for Bucket Truck Aerial and Ladder Line training and once trained, will be required to perform Storm Emergency restoration (Ladder Line) work, as needed
- must be able to work a rotating schedule
- must be able to obtain a CDL license
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.