Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist in all aspects of program strategy, operation, analysis and reporting, which includes performing cost/benefit analysis; contract negotiation with customers and vendors; managing program financial budgets, tracking, invoicing, and other accounting aspects of the program's implementation vendors and other contractors; analyze, monitor, track, and accrue all TDM project related costs; timely and accurate input of project, customer, and accounting information into the designated TDM database tracking system; monitoring contractor activities for adherence to approved schedules, contract provisions, and project specifications; and conducting quality control activities as required.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Support the development and evaluation of Non-Wire Solutions by engaging with various market participants, considering the implementation of a variety of innovative technology solutions, and finding optimal ways to develop portfolios of these diverse solutions for different areas of the service territory.
- Engage with regulators, and support the reporting requirements of TDM programs to New York Public Service Commission
- Assist the development of procurement mechanisms (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) to achieve load relief in targeted areas and company's goals.
- Coordinate with various areas of the Company such as Central and Regional Engineering, Distribution Planning, Resource Planning, Analytics, and Finance, to foster the development and implementation of Non-wires Solutions
- Coordinate communication among the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management teams, customers and other stakeholders. Provide performance reports and information to various Company orgnaizayions and governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Respond customer inquiries and provide excellent customer experience.
- Respond to questions and or data requests from the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Analytics, Forecasting, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Sr. Specialist (2L):
- Lead special projects and/or specific program initiatives targeted at specific levels of the electric transmission and distribution system, for specific customer segments, and/or in collaboration with other Company, state or city programs or state/city entity programs (such as NYSERDA).
- Manage all required relationships including vendors, customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish processes, policies and procedures for the regular consideration/integration of Demand Side Management (DSM) solutions into the Company or external entity planning.
- Analyze project specific customer demographics to identify appropriate DSM measures and potential load relief attainable via DSM.
- Work with Market Research & Analysis and Building Engineering teams to identify and fill gaps in market/technology data.
- Perform and evaluate cost/benefit ratio of the project/initiative and potential success and risks.
- Work with Marketing to design marketing and outreach efforts to encourage the adoption of DSM measures by the identified target customer group.
- Work with Delivery Channel Team to manage the project delivery process including contract negotiation, execution management and/or modifications.
- Coordinate information flow to and from the Targeted Demand Program, other departments and customers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, or related field. And 3 Years relevant work experience Sr Specialist (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 Years relevant work experience Specialist (1H)
- Master's Degree Sr. Specialist
- Bachelor's Degree Specialist
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in project management roles (Sr Specialist 2L) Required
- Experience in energy efficiency, or other competitive, market driven utility programs Experience with partners and vendors. Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Strong communications, presentation, writing skills and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Required
- Knowledge of project management tools. Required
- Technical writing skills preferred. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.