Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conducts and directs project planning and status meetings to ensure schedule and financial adherence to projects are being maintained and significant issues are clearly disseminated to relevant participants. Schedules and manages activities related to the installation, maintenance, repair, removal, replacement, testing, and inspections of the gas system.
- Identifies all job dependencies, required field resources, priorities, deadlines and required hours for each job to ensure full schedule optimization. Develops attainable schedules that maximize efficiency and utilization of resources. Manages interdepartmental work, documents and tracks the progress of work. Participates in project status meetings, collaborates with other departments, and assists in the development and implementation of action plans that ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Fosters and communicates a vision of teamwork whereby employees are developed, assume responsibility, and enhance department growth. Provides support to the Project Managers and staff in the management of various major projects.
- Obtain status updates and coordinate meetings with internal and external personnel. Author and send out various reports. Provides scheduled updates of the engineering, construction and budget status of each project to the appropriate Corporate Executives.
- Supports construction package reviews, pre award meetings, field visits and pre award field walks. Assists the Project Managers with the coordination, preparation and reporting of significant activities on construction projects and programs.
- Obtain regular project status updates from various personnel including but not limited to Shared Services, Engineering, Construction, and Cost Management as well as, from established company systems, including but not limited to Projectwise, CPMS, Gas Work Tracker, ECS, and Byers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years of related experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Management
Required Work Experience
- Work experience in scheduling activities Required
- Work experience scheduling with Oracle Primavera (Preferred) Pref And
- Experience in MS Project (Preferred) Pref And
Skills & Ability
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute Preferred
- Other: Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification Preferred
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS)
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.