Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develops and administers plans and procedures to improve the performance, integrity and reliability of the distribution system in coordination with new business projects.
- Supports distribution system performance and provides technical guidance to Bronx and Westchester operating forces and system operation during emergency and contingency conditions, direct the design of electric outside plant facilities within budget and according to approved specifications and regulatory agency procedures.
- Direct and control the activities of the Planning Inspection section, evaluate the performance and integrity of Bronx/Westchester Electric Distribution systems and participate in the development and implementation of goals and plans to upgrade the distribution system.
- Responsible to develop, recommend for approval and manage the organization's Capital and Retirement budgets for ED1, Engineering O&M budgets and required forecasts for transformers and cable usage.
- Ensures the accuracy of operating maps and the timely mapping of as constructed field reports/layouts.
- Provide general supervision of engineering services, which includes budgets, and model maintenance and authorize or submit for authorization, all Capital and Retirement construction projects involving distribution facilities in accordance with established corporate policy.
- Ensures compliance with operating, housekeeping and safety procedures, which provide for employee safety and welfare and will enhance the Company's public image by maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Direct and enforce administration of the provisions of the collective bargaining contract, negotiate with Union Business Agents on matters relating to promotion transfers, job functions, performance and any other personnel matter.
- Promote a positive work environment through the proper and effective administration of the Company's personnel policies, procedures, and practices including but not limited to training, motivation, counseling, performance appraisal, discipline, and security.
- Complies with the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity policies and instructions.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 8 years of work related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering And 8 years of work related experience
Required Work Experience
- Supervision of management and contract/union employees Required
- Electrical Distribution operations, design and associated construction standards Required
- Excellent leadership skills with proven success in the creation of teams and the development of employees Required
- Must have high regard for personal accountability and understand the critical importance of our commitment to excellence Required
- Electrical Distribution Engineering, including underground, overhead, primary and secondary distribution system design; computerized layout design, network load transfer sequencing; facilities mapping and capital budget preparation Preferred
- Must possess the ability to render sound decisions and the flexibility to handle multiple high impact assignments and effectively perform under emergency operating conditions.
Skills & Ability
- Effective leadership skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Required to travel to various Company facilities. Required to work off shifts as part of the Incident Command Structure in preparation and response to the impact of weather conditions on the Electric Distribution System.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.