Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under second degree of supervision handles telephone and written communications with customers in various functions of customer service work calling for a limited degree of judgment.
- Take requests for electric and gas service completing the necessary meter and service orders.
- Take requests for electric and gas appliance service completing the necessary service orders.
- Take trouble and emergency calls from electric and gas customers completing the necessary service orders.
- Answer complaints and inquiries relative to billing, service and application of rates and the completion of necessary analysis work and other paperwork to complete these inquiries.
- Perform credit and collection duties relative to customer accounts including arrangements for payment, deposits, accounts disconnected for nonpayment and other miscellaneous credit activities.
- Perform other related or less skilled duties as assigned. Perform duties in accordance with Company Safety Rules and Good Housekeeping Practices.
Required Work Experience
- At least one year of experience in related work with the Company or its equivalent. Required
- Pleasant personality, with ability to solve problems through the human relations approach. Required
- Neat, legible handwriting. Ability to type. Required
- Sound physical condition. Required
- Willingness to direct and instruct employees assisting on the same work. Required
- Possession of the qualities of neatness, cleanliness and orderliness in work and person. Required
- Qualified bidders will be subject to drug testing as required by governmental regulations. Required
- NOTE: Each applicant will be required to successfully pass a Management/Union developed and validated test. Employees bidding into the department shall not be eligible to fill vacancies outside of the occupational group for a period of 18 months. Required
- Automatic progression to Customer Service Representative 2nd Class after 12 months as Customer Service Representative 3rd Class.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.