Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Serves as regional and community liaison with local elected officials, community boards, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations and other community and stakeholder groups.
- Serves as project manager for new initiatives, infrastructure-related activities, and coordination with government agencies and external stakeholders; makes presentations on issues ranging from major infrastructure projects to new energy efficiency and solar programs.
- Manages all aspects of public presentations and reports, including presenting to the public and stakeholders.
- Represents the Company at local community meetings and events and at meetings with elected officials and coordinates briefing materials and presentations for the local community.
- Serves on project teams for major infrastructure projects and develops and implements strategies for community communications with key stakeholders and local communities.
- Facilitates relations with government agencies particularly on complex and multi-faceted construction projects.
- Works closely with developers, government officials and not-for-profit organizations on major new capital projects in their region.
- Monitors and reports on regional and local development issues that may impact the Company.
- Manages relationships with not-for-profit organizations supported by the Company- s Strategic Partnerships program, including but not limited to reviewing grant proposals and conducting site visits. Identifies new programs for funding through the Strategic Partnership charitable and sponsorship programs and prepares recommendations.
- Participates in community engagement for new Company initiatives such as non-wires solutions and smart meter programs.
- Serves as front-line emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assists in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Coordinates with and provides support to Media Relations. Responds to and track complaints and critical correspondence from stakeholders including elected officials, community boards and customers.
- Coordinates special events and supports the Company's volunteer initiative.
- May perform other assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum 3 Years
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in or with government, not for profit management, urban planning, sustainability, community relations, communications or a related field. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with various levels of local government, management, community groups and elected officials. Required
- Must have strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills. Required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Required
- Must be efficient, organized and excellent at follow-through. Required
- Strong project management skills is preferred. Preferred
- General knowledge of company operations, energy and environmental policy issues, energy efficiency is preferred. Preferred
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations in front of public audiences is preferred. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.