Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support mission critical applications by directing hardware/software patching, troubleshooting and remediating issues, optimizing system performance, and conducting capacity planning.
- Create dashboards, reports, and analysis to monitor and maintain application operability.
- Automate maintenance and test processes to enhance reliability.
- Oversee and consult with application teams on testing of code changes for all supported applications.
- Oversee and consult with application teams on implementation of new applications and deployments of supported applications to production.
- Mentor other members of the team and application developers.
- Prepare and maintain support documentation of supported systems for team and ancillary support groups.
- Provide root cause analysis, technical answers, advice and counsel to application teams and leadership as required.
- Apply code changes including upgrades to production for all supported applications.
- Act as a first responder for all application issues and responsible for escalating to other Information Technology teams as necessary to remediate application issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And with minimum three (3) years work-related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with minimum 5 years work-related experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED with minimum 7 years work-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Math/Science, or Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in IT Infrastructure Administration or IT development on at least on system in production environment. Required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of at least one first class programming language (I.e. C++, JAVA, C#) OR experience in IT Infrastructure Administration (i.e. server or platform support, DBA, networking). Required
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn innovative technologies. Required
- Proven experience troubleshooting complex system issues and outages. Required
- Proven experience conducting root cause analysis. Req
Skills & Ability
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Current certification in IT (infrastructure or development related) preferred (i.e. Microsoft Certifiied Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)) Preferred
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Respond to off hours and weekend emergencies in keeping with the team's on-call rotation schedule.
- Must be able to lift / transport IT equipment as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.