Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- What's happening at Con Edison...
- Con Edison's Digital Factory is building digital products and applications that enable our crews to effectively power one of the largest cities in the world. Our guiding principle is to leverage Agile and Design Thinking to develop a culture of creativity, autonomy, and impact. The Digital Factory's mission is to usher Con Edison into the digital era and we-re looking for curious, talented people to join us on this journey!
- Who we-re looking for...
- We-re in search of a senior technologist that can lead the team through technical design translating UI/UX elements, architecture implementation and finally launch. You will work daily with key stakeholders, product and the development team. We are looking for the individual to contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps to infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to native apps and demonstrates leadership in product quality, technical excellence and engineering practice. We are hunting for an individual that loves to solve business problems through technology and will rise to the challenge of running a fun, complex and cross-functional team.
- Leads, coaches, and supervises Digital team members of varying skillsets and background with the potential for some people management responsibilities
- Oversees the design and implementation and overall architecture of the application
- Works with the Digital team to implement a robust set of services and APIs to power the application
- Identifies business requirements and creates a plan of action with team
- Oversees the development of reusable code and libraries for future use
- Works with the Digital team and business users to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implements security and data protection
- Coordinates with the Product Designers to translate UI/UX elements from designer to visual elements
- Leads integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the application
- Share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities - safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent area And Minimum of 7-10 years experience in software development, with hands-on coding within the last year
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
Required Work Experience
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business value through tech Required
- Expert infrastructure knowledge including Single Sign On, LAMP, Windows server, and Search Tech Required
- Deep expertise and experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications and security Required
- Experience with mobile development languages and frameworks such as Kony, Xamarin, and native iOS/Android is preferred Preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions through different influencing tactics
- Knowledge and experience with Agile process
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys mentoring others
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Comfort with an iterative approach to architectural design
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.