Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- We-re in search of a Senior Full Stack Engineer who will be responsible for both front and back end development tasks to include database tasks. We are looking for the individual to be well versed with programming languages that are required for client (user) side development, as well as integration approaches and technologies to bridge contemporary front-end implementations with legacy backend systems. We are hunting for an individual that loves to solve business problems through technology and will rise to the challenge of being an integral part of a fun, complex and cross-functional team.
- Design, code and architect complex applications and demonstrate a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and system design
- Iterate and maintain a complex application, which consists of both a public facing web site, as well as internal software applications that support and power our team, to create a seamless user experience on both sides
- Collaborate with other software engineers and developers, on the various layers of infrastructure for our applications
- Ensure responsiveness of applications and maintain quality
- Collaborate with all software engineering teams to design, develop and launch new features
- Maintain organization and code integrity
- May be responsible for overseeing consultants work (developers and testers, and System Integrator employees)
- Mentor and develop junior team members with technical proficiency
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And five (5) or more years work experience
- Bachelor's Degree technical degree preferred And three (3) or more years work experience
- Associate's Degree
Required Work Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC process in order to move fluidly between coding, team or vendor management, and product ideation
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Fluent in writing comprehensive test suites (e.g. unit, snapshot, integration, end-to-end)
- Strong communication skills - Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Strong experience with the Microsoft development family (.NET, SQL Server, Azure DevOps)
- Experience designing a comprehensive Git strategy and leading teams in best practices
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Must be comfortable and experienced with complex business logic and system integrations
- Ability to build scalable, high-performing, fault-tolerant applications
- Capable of working independently or with a team
- Is passionate about problem solving
- Demonstrates the value in taking an iterative and agile approach
- Has a strong sense of ownership and is not afraid to speak up
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative
- Industry expertise in the energy industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.